Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 152

Only about 114 days to go!!!

Well, I'm 21 today. I am absolutely amazed with God today! (Not that He's not amazing ALL the time...but it's really hitting home today in particular!) He is so GOOD!! This year has been particularly incredible! Tomorrow is mine and David's first anniversary! I'm more than half way through with this pregnancy, and I still can't hardly believe it! I stand completely in awe at my Creator's love and grace toward creatures as sinful as I! I definitely didn't do one single thing to deserve the blessings I have in my life. I have the most wonderful husband, and a beautiful little girl on the way!! "My cup runneth over!"

Chloe weighs just under a pound and a half by now! She's almost a foot long as well! She moves CONSTANTLY! This past week, I've woken up 6 days right around 6am. At first I just assumed it was probably Chloe's movements waking me up, though I wasn't consciously aware of them. But yesterday, at precisely 6:08am, I woke up and felt her performing cartwheels in my belly! This morning was the same, although she let me sleep until about 6:45am. Her movements are so forceful now! When she really gets going, I can lay on my back and actually SEE my stomach moving! I tucked my hands up under my stomach as much as I could 2 days ago while she was fluttering around, and it felt like I was actually holding her in my hands. She's so tiny!

I've discovered that, as much as I still love sweets, I can't eat as much at one time without getting sick. Chloe moves around so much, it shakes everything up and makes me feel nauseated. This happens sometimes with other foods as well, but mostly with sweets. I think my stomach has officially shrunk now. (Either that or it's been crammed up toward my chest so much that it fills up a LOT faster!) I can't eat NEARLY as much as I used to! All of this I see as a perk, keeping me from gaining TONS of weight right now. :)

So, for our anniversary David got us a new bed! :D The old one was getting too uncomfortable to sleep on. He also got me a body pillow specifically for pregnant bodies! That thing is AWESOME! Haha. I move around all night constantly trying to stay comfortable. But the new bed and pillows certainly help a LOT!

My mom and sisters finally got to feel Chloe moving this week. Well, all except Hanna. Chloe must have decided she was tired of showing off by the time it was Hanna's turn to feel her. Haha. Poor Hanna! Kassi made me the most thoughtful gift for my birthday! She decided to work on a baby album for Chloe - completely hand-made! She decorated the book itself and is making pages for all the events she can think of for Chloe's first year or so. She also showed off her photography skills and took a great picture of me holding my belly for the book as well. :) So sweet!

I have begun to notice that it is VERY uncomfortable to sit up straight for any long period of time. It feels better to recline just slightly, otherwise I feel like my stomach is being pinched along with everything inside. Makes me uncomfortable and sick. :( Abbey got into my car the other day and was surprised when she ended up practically laying down in the passenger seat. Haha! But that's just really the only comfortable way for me to ride anymore.

I have another Dr's appointment on the 15th and then a couple more at the beginning of August. I can't believe we're getting so close!! Only another 3 1/2 months!!!!!

"So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase."
-1 Corinthians 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment