Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 130

As can be expected, a LOT has happened since my last post. David and I went to Texas Perinatal Group in Austin for a sonogram on Thursday, June 10. We found out we are having a little GIRL!!! We are so excited! Of course since we got pregnant David has been saying he wants a little boy, but when we found out she was a girl, David was so thrilled! Something about the prospect of having a little girl made his Daddy-heart swell. He's already bragging about how beautiful she's going to be and how he's going to have to "beat the boys off of her with a stick!" His excitement is adorable!

Her name is going to be Chloe Elaine. I can't wait to meet my beautiful daughter!!

The nurse during the sonogram told us that she measures about 10 inches (head to feet) and weighs about 11 oz. I asked her about the due date, wondering if her measurements were still close to the Oct. 29th due date we already had, or if we were going to have to change it again. The nurse said, "not only she she about right for that due date, she is perfectly measuring up to that date. She's a little perfectionist!" Haha...wonder where she gets that from?! The doctor also commented, again, on how active she is. So world, prepare yourself for a beautiful, active, perfectionist, little girl!!!

Chloe has been moving so much! I felt her first on May 25th. But the kicks and movements weren't strong enough to feel from outside. But by June 8th and 9th, everyone could feel her! At first I had to lay really still on my back and really concentrate to be able to feel her, but it's getting easier and easier. A few nights ago, I was laying in bed and I could feel her whole body moving around! It wasn't just a little kick or punch, her entire little body was rolling around in there! For about 45 minutes! It was so precious!!

A lot of research says that babies can begin to hear voices and noises from outside the womb by now. I'm not very good at it yet, but sometimes I talk and sing and read to her. It's actually really amazing, to be able to read out loud and know that your child can hear your voice and is getting accustomed to it.

My belly has grown 3-3.5 inches since getting pregnant. I'm actually starting to show finally! Not just to myself, but other people notice, also! YAY! Did you know that Chloe is actually already growing hair on her head?! :)

I've gotten 3 separate sonograms done so far. It's amazing how much she's grown!! I'll make a separate post for the pictures...

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
-Psalms 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment