Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 28

Finding out you're going to be a Mommy is so exciting! Terrifying....but exciting! I'm due November 3, 2010. I'm just praying for a whole, healthy baby! As the oldest of 4 girls I always wished I'd had a big brother, so it would be fun to have a boy first...but I really couldn't care less either way.

I know so very little about having a baby! I'll be reading TONS of books all the time, I'm sure. I bought this "Pregnancy Journal" the day after I found out we were expecting. It gives a day-by-day update on what the baby's doing and what the mommy's body is doing, good things to eat/avoid eating, good things to do/not do.

We've told most of our family already. Everyone seems just about as excited as we are. :) One of the more exciting aspects of this pregnancy is, along with this baby being our first child, it will be the first grandchild to our parents, the first great-grandchild to our grandparents, and the first great-great-grandchild to our great-grandparents! (Can we say "SPOILED"?!?! haha) I'm just so happy that this child is going to be blessed with so many people who love him/her!!

Today is approximately day 28 of my baby's development. It's between 3 and 5 mm long (could sit on the eraser end of a pencil). The neural tube (eventually the spinal cord) has been growing rapidly. The liver has already formed; the pancreas, gall bladder, lungs, stomach, aorta (largest artery in the body) and intestines are all beginning to form as well. The baby has tiny little buds for arms and legs. It has little divits on the sides of its head where the ears and eyes will start developing soon. Development of the baby's facial features has begun as well! Can you believe my baby's heart has already begun to beat?!

It's strange knowing there is a whole new life growing inside of you, depending on you for survival! Makes you really want to do everything right: eat right, exercise appropriately, sleep well, etc, etc.

We have names picked out already. If it's a boy we're going to name him Frank Benjamin. "Frank" is the first name of the baby's daddy, grandpa, great-grandpa, and great-great-grandpa! So naturally we have to keep that going! If it's a little girl we're going to name her Chloe Elaine. Such a beautiful name! :)


"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb"
-Psalm 139:13

5 comments:

  1. Hey Becca! I am so excited you started a blog! But more excited about the baby!!! :) I had a journal like that for each of my boys and LOVED it. It is so neat to see what is going on every single day! I love the names you two picked out!!! So sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Becca. Thank you for sharing this story with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have names picked out already! How did you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm very new to this blogging thing. I'm not even sure if I know all the people commenting. How do I get to your blog? Or find out who you are/if I even know you...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Colleen--fellow blogger. Your news has traveled to Jerusalem! We are so excited about Frank/Chloe. You will love reading all you can about your baby. It really helped connect me with Tally before I met her. I pray for you, David and the health of your baby. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete